Saturday, March 26, 2011

Getting our toes sucked!

     One of the stranger things I've experienced so far happened in Kuala Lumpur when I was out doing OE (Operating Experience.) My wife sent me an e-mail that I received upon my arrival there telling me to go try the experience,

They have these fish they call "Doctor" fish in a tank, around 200 of them in a hot tub in this case. You take off your shoes and socks, roll up your pants and stick your feet into a swirling black mass of fish.

The fish then "Suck" on your feet and ankles, removing dead skin, dirt and anything else that happens to be on your feet. The fish have no teeth, so it doesn't hurt. It's hard to describe the feeling, it's almost like a tickle, but not quite. I yanked my feet out of the water 3 or 4 times before I could finally leave them in the tank and let the fish do their work. After a couple minutes, I got used to it and could relax. After our 10 minutes was up, the fish were done anyway, we pulled our feet out and went on our way.

The experience was very inexpensive, costing just 5 Malaysian Ringetts (about $1.66) for the ten minutes. The best part was yet to come. Later that night, my feet and ankles felt as smooth as a baby's bottom on the outside and felt great on the inside due to the increased circulation caused by the fish sucking on the skin. Highly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment